Benefits of Grape Seed Oil
Grape seed oil has several important health benefits for the skin. It is a good source of essential fatty acids and vitamin E. The polyphenols and flavonoids found in this oil contain strong antioxidant compounds.
Most of the grape seed oil health benefits can be attributed to the presence of these nutrients. Some of the benefits of grape seed oil include:
- Protects the Skin Against Free Radicals: The flavonoid ‘oligomeric procyanidin’, found in grape seed oil is an incredibly strong antioxidant, about 50 times stronger than antioxidants like, vitamin C and E. So, this compound can provide protection against cellular and tissue damage caused by free radicals.
- Helps to Avoid Clogging: Grape seed oil has astringent qualities that help tighten skin and close up the pores, thus helping you avoid clogging that leads to pimples. Oily skin can especially benefit from this.
- Softens Fines Lines & Wrinkles: Fine lines and wrinkles can be alleviated with a daily dose of grape seed oil on the skin. The elasticity of the skin can be improved, thus making the lines of an aging face less pronounced.
- Great Moisturiser: This very light oil can be used by those with even sensitive skin, and works as an excellent moisturizer. The oil can also help hasten healing of problems such as minor abrasions or pimples.
- Soothe & Nourish the Skin: The linoleic acid found in grape seed oil can be very beneficial in skin conditions like, acne, dermatitis and eczema. Linoleic acid can soothe and nourish the skin, and help it to repair. Vitamin E on the other hand, keeps the skin firm and smooth.
- Protect Against Sun Damage: Grape seed oil can provide protection against sun damage as well. It has astringent properties and therefore, can tighten the skin. Grape seed oil is easily absorbed by the body, and it can be used for reducing age spots, sun burn, wrinkles and stretch marks as well.
- Use on Sensitive Skin: Grape seed oil is also rich in vitamins, minerals and causes no skin irritation.